Missing teenager William Wall found dead after going missing in Victorian bushland

Missing Victorian boy William Wall has been found dead. Source: VICTORIA POLICE
A teenager who was lost for more than 30 hours in Victorian bushland has been found dead.
Victoria Police confirmed on Wednesday evening that the body of 14-year-old William Wall had been located in Yarra Junction in Melbourne’s east.
His death is not being treated as suspicious and police will prepare a report for the Coroner.
The teenager left his Launching Place home before 7am on Tuesday to go for his daily walk in the Yarra Ranges.
He told his family he would be gone for 15 minutes but didn’t return.
His father, Shane Wall, made an emotional plea on Wednesday morning for locals to check their properties for his son.
“This is really out of the ordinary,” Mr Wall said.
William, who has high-functioning autism and is verbal, left home without his mobile phone.
The local weather deteriorated on Wednesday, with rain falling.
Earlier on Wednesday, Inspector Jason Goddard said search organisers were trying to work out how to factor in the state’s coronavirus restrictions.
“We live in different times. We have to be very conscious of the COVID overlay with all this planning,” he told 3AW radio.